Environment Benefit of Bamboo
Global warming is known to every one of us now and it is happening mainly because we have been depleting the natural resources and generating Carbon dioxide to a level that can not be sustained. It is difficult for us to give away our comfort, which generates enormous amount of gases, which are the cause for today's global warming.
Bamboo is the best solution for contenting the global warming in many ways :
- Bamboo absorbs Carbon dioxide and releases oxygen into the atmosphere 3 to 4 times higher than many other trees.
- One bamboo tree generates plenty of natural oxygen sufficient for more than one human being’s daily requirement.
- Grows more than one foot a day and covers with good canopy faster than any other tree and cooling the surroundings.
- Carbon dioxide absorption of bamboo remains same, since Bamboo keeps growing every year while other trees reach maturity after a fixed period.
- Every part of the bamboo is used to make varieties of products.
- Bamboo can replace the wood for all applications such as paper, flooring, furniture, charcoal, etc.
- Recently developed cotton from bamboo will replace regular cotton, with a productivity of over 10 times from the same land.
- Bamboo has replaced 50% of plastic.
- Bamboo co-polymer plastic replaces 50% of plastic which is essential but not eco friendly.
- Bamboo effectively cleans the water pollution of the septic tank discharge and factories effluent by its natural affinity for nitrogen, phosphorus and heavy metals.
- Bamboo enriches the soil naturally and prevents soil erosion.